SMART4ALL will identify 67 (External) Pathfinder Application Experiments (PAEs) through three Types of Open Calls with three different deadlines, addressing the prioritized verticals of Digitized Transport, Digitized Agriculture, Digitized Environment and Digitized Anything.
- KTEs – Knowledge Transfer Experiments: A novel type of experiments allowing smaller projects, or less mature ideas to be presented, tested and thus potentially find the fertile ground to grow and reveal its product potentials. KTEs act as internships / traineeships, apprenticeships and short-term training programmes for unemployed people for vacant digital jobs with a budget of up to 8,000€ to cover mobility allowance for implementing the internship.
- FTTEs – Focused Technology Transfer Experiments: Within this type of experiments, one party transfers to the receiving partner a specific HW or SW technology in order to enable improved product or processes. The budget of this type is up to 80,000€ to cover staff, travel and equipment
The first open call of this type will open in June 2020.
- CTTEs – Cross-domain Technology Transfer Experiments: Complex multidisciplinary transfers and productization of novel CLEC CPS and the IoT technologies to wider markets with a budget of up to 80,000 € to cover staff, travel and equipment
The first open call of this type will open in December 2020
Each experiment will be supported with novel coaching services from world lead experts in ethics, technology, funding and business development. For further information please click here.
SMART4ALL invites nominations for its 1st Open Call on KTE. The Prizes are part of the SMART4ALL programme which is supported by the European Union under Horizon 2020.
|Deadline||July 15th, 2020 at 13:00 CEST|
|Open to||Universities/Academic Institutions, SME/Slightly Bigger Companies, Technology Providers in general|
|Benefits||up to 8,000€ to cover mobility allowance for implementing the internship|
About Knowledge Transfer Experiments (KTEs)
KTEs are novel type of experiments allowing smaller projects, or less mature ideas to be presented, tested and thus potentially find the fertile ground to grow and reveal its product potentials. KTEs act as internships / traineeships, apprenticeships and short-term training programmes (3 months). KTEs are between two different entities from two different Countries: one Academic/Industrial partner who acts as Sending Organization and one Academic/Industrial partner who acts as Host Organization.
KTE proposals have to target the exchange of knowledge of CLEC for CPS and IoT, in one of the following domains:
- Digitized Transport
- Digitized Environment
- Digitized Agriculture
- Digitized Anything
SMART4ALL through its Open Calls will pay special attention to CLEC (Customized Low Energy Computing) applications facilitating COVID-19 management crisis and all aspects of life focusing on its four verticals, i.e. Digitized Transport, Digitized Environment, Digitized Agriculture and Digitized Anything. In order to ensure that innovative solutions for attacking this crisis will be properly attended, experiments that are related to these issues are going to be evaluated positively. Specifically, during the evaluation process, open call submissions that are related to SMART4ALL domains and are addressing current and future problems stemming from the COVID-19 crisis will be awarded with 1 extra point in their overall evaluation score.
Who can apply?
Consortia must include the following type of applicants:
· Universities or Academic Institutions
· SME and Slightly Bigger Companies
· Technology Providers in general
Proposals can be submitted by any of the afore-mentioned type of entities, but the participation of, at least, one SMEs/Slightly Bigger Companies is compulsory and should be the lead of the cross.
The proposals must be cross border, involving at least two independent entities from two different EU Member States or associated countries. All the participating partners must be established in EU member state or in Associated Countries. The applicants involved in the consortia can NOT include any SMART4ALL partners.
What are the Benefits?
- Get financial support of up to €8,000
- Establish new collaboration
- Get business, ethics, technology, fundingdevelopment help from international lead experts
- Join novel coaching services
How to Apply?
The KTE proposal submission deadline is July 15th, 2020 at 13:00 CEST.